I carry you with me into the world,

>> March 31, 2009

into the smell of rain & the words that dance between people & for me, it will always be this way, walking in the light, remembering being alive together

~Story People~

I carry you with me into the world,
Today would have been my papa's 89th birthday! He died last July. It's weird to describe death this way but it was beautiful! He left this world surrounded by love. My nanny was holding his hand, my mom, my stepdad, my aunt and uncle and myself all creating a circle of love around him as he moved from this life to the next.

My grandfather was an AMAZING photographer and what is weird is I barely picked up a camera my whole life. I felt the urge to by a DSLR about two weeks after he died and I have been hooked since. I wonder if he transferred something to me as he passed. (does that sound weird??)

My only wish is that he could have seen some of my pictures and I could have gotten his opinion of them!

Happy Birthday Papa!! Rest in peace!

7 comments:

ELK March 31, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

...really nice tribute Sebrina ~he would be so proud of you!

hazel March 31, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

I think you're right and he DID pass his gift on to you.

Mamato2 March 31, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

I have held the hand of many as they passed, in Haiti. I believe he did pass something to you.

Memories Of Mine April 1, 2009 at 6:03 AM  

what a blessing that he chose you. I think he might all ready know, what a great photographer you are.

Andrea April 1, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

This post is beautiful.
Andrea

Toni April 2, 2009 at 3:00 AM  

A beautiful tribute to your Papa, Sebrina. No, that doesn't sound weird at all and I think he definitely did.

robin bird April 14, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

i was scrolling through your recent photos and came to this... it is lovely as are all of your photographs sebrina but what struck me was your reference to your papa (grandfather right?). My father (he is 86) is quickly reaching the end of his life and it has been so painful to see him getting prepared to go. i think he has ben doing that without our knowledge for the past 2 years. I haven't actually seen him yet, he is in chicago in the hospital but i will be there if at all possible to hold his hand. he would be far less frightened if all three of his girls were surrounding his bed. this post is a comfort to me. thank you :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP