“Opportunities

>> February 26, 2009

many times, are so small that we glimpse them not and yet they are often the seeds of great enterprises. Opportunities are also everywhere and so you must always let your hook be hanging. When you least expect it, a great fish will swim by.” Og Mandino
The aquarium

I took the kids to a local aquarium the other day. It's just a place that sells tropical fish but my kids just love it there! And the best part.. it's free!! I brought my camera and asked the shop owner if he minded if I took pictures.. he said not at all so I snapped away. It's REALLY hard to take pictures of fast moving fish through glass.

One day I would LOVE to have a salt water fish tank. The start up is so expensive though so for now I will enjoy them at the aquarium!

xo Sebrina

8 comments:

COLLEEN February 26, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

WOW, look at the colour of that fish. Amazing. Great picture.

Alli February 26, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

Wow! What a beautiful picture! Yellow tangs are so fast and hard to photograph...just so you know, you can do marine fish tanks for a lot cheaper than the people in the stores (and many people in forums etc.) tell you. It really is a balance between what you put in (ie: food and number of fish) and what you take out (ie: water changes and equipment) if you feed little and don't have a lot of fish you don't need a lot of the fancy equipment they say you cannot live without. Diego and I have what most hobbyists call the "tank that cannot be" because we only have lights and a few pumps to move the water...nothing fancy...plus you can get it all used...Just a thought for the future. I am a big advocate of marine tanks especially if they are done sustainably because you learn so much about chemistry, biology and ecology just caring for one. Sorry about the long comment...can you tell I LOVE them???

ELK February 26, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

we have enjoyed the tranquility of aquarium for years now...great yellow and texture ELK

Anonymous,  February 26, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

wow, what a beautiful picture to see first thing in the morning!
I am just making your granola right now. Can't wait! I really love your recipes - we have very similar taste in food. I sure hope you make a book- I would buy it for sure.
Natasha

donna February 26, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

Sebrina...that is a briliant picture especially since you managed not to get any shine off the glass. BTW...you look absolutely fabulous..whatever you are doing...it's working!

Alison February 26, 2009 at 1:45 PM  

These colours are so vibrant! Makes me smile.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP