“To feel safe and warm on a cold wet night,

>> January 5, 2009

all you really need is soup.” Laurie Colwin

Tomato Roasted Red Pepper Bisque
So my next New Years Intention is soup. Sound silly? It probably is :) But I intend to make a new soup recipe every week ( I will post the recipe here). So the first soup of 2009 is

Tomato Roasted Red Pepper Bisque
1 onion quartered
2 red peppers halved and seeds removed
8 cloves of garlic peeled
olive oil
1 quart chicken stock
1 can of tomatoes
cream (if you want it creamy, this optional)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the onion, garlic cloves and red peppers on baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Place in oven and bake for 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile in a soup pot add the chicken stock and canned tomatoes and heat over low/medium
When the peppers are done take them out of the oven and place them in a bowl and cover with saran wrap. Let them steam themselves (this helps the skins come off more easily). After they have cooled enough to handle remove and discard the skins. Put the peppers, onions and garlic in the pot with the tomatoes and cook for at least 20 minutes or as long as you want. Puree in a blender or with an immersion blender and add cream if using. 
This soup tastes really good with a piece of fresh buttered sour bread on the side!


13 comments:

Barb January 5, 2009 at 8:01 AM  

Mmmmm, that pictures brings back memories of sitting round your table with the family having a bowl of that yummy, yummy soup.

What day are you making that soup this week???

Sebrina Wilson January 5, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

Let me know which day you coming and I will make it that day.

vsm/whirling dirvish photography January 5, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

Oh what fun! I'll be eager to try them all!!!
What a great idea!

julochka January 5, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

mmm, garlic. will have to try this one. i love red peppers.

Eva January 5, 2009 at 6:45 PM  

Oooh, I love soup! I don't cook for myself, but I will love looking at your wonderful pictures of it!

raining sheep January 5, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

That sounds sooo good. I made an amazing chicken soup today. Something so comforting about soup.

ELK January 5, 2009 at 11:23 PM  

i love soup and you are so creative ~ glad to visit here!

Kevin, Leah & Bodhi January 7, 2009 at 2:57 AM  

I made your soup yesterday and it was fantastic! Can't wait for the next one!

natasha salaash January 7, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

Oh I am totally going to make that for lunch today! What size was your can of tomatoes?
Natasha

natasha salaash January 7, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

Thanks so much!! It is smelling good already!
Natasha

natasha salaash January 7, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

Oh my gosh Sabrina, I made the soup!!! It was the best ever. I couldn't even share it with my kids, I just wanted it all for myself! I mean I would have if they asked butthey didn't so I can eat it for the next few days. I can't wait to see next weeks one. Quotes and food are two of my favourite things. Love the new blog.
Natasha

Sebrina Wilson January 8, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

I'm glad you liked it Natasha!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP