I'm not usually one for cut flowers

>> January 8, 2009

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” Helen Keller
To be honest I thought they were a waist of money since they only last a few days. But now that I am photographing everything in sight I have come to appreciate them much more. The fact that I can capture their beauty forever makes me so happy. Mike bought me a bouquet of flowers the other day and I have been having so much capturing the little parts of them.
Hmmm, not sure if this works
When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other. ~Chinese Proverb
Whispery White Wednesday
A flower's appeal is in its contradictions - so delicate in form yet strong in fragrance, so small in size yet big in beauty, so short in life yet long on effect. ~Adabella Radici
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” Epicurus

10 comments:

julochka January 8, 2009 at 6:52 AM  

somehow cut flowers in the winter bring a small, much-needed bright spot into the house.

and this way, you're spreading the joy literally all over the world!

Barb January 8, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

BEAUTIFUL. Love, love, love the baby's breath against the turqoise background. Gorgeous!

vsm/whirling dirvish photography January 8, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

I hope Mike got something nice back! These flowers are beautiful! The baby's breath is surreal against the blue!

shaunak January 8, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

The second photo is gorgeous!

I love flowers and almost always have some in the house. I do realize it is a frivolous expense, but they really lift my mood.

donna January 8, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

Lovely photos....macros are so much fun aren't they. They really make you notice details you've never seen before

HomoHausfrau January 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

I'm with your sentiment about cut flowers, but they are oh so pretty. I often ask my significant other to just buy me a flowering plant that I'll be able to enjoy for a bit longer.

Nonetheless, beautiful pictures. I LOVE the effect of the pink baby's breath and how it looks like it just appears out of nowhere! So so so nice.

Thank you for sharing!

Mamato2 January 8, 2009 at 7:19 PM  

I love flowers, especially gerbs (which always last me 2 weks, btw) and you did a lovely job with these!

raining sheep January 8, 2009 at 11:07 PM  

Those are pretty stunning macros. I love the one with the turquoise blue background with the small purpley flowers. I loved it on your flickr. Well done. I love shooting flowers. You can really experiment because they hold still :)

Wayfaring Wanderer January 9, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

Those dainty pink images really brighten my day!!! I especially love the second shot......

Anonymous,  January 12, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

gorgeous photos, and i LOVE that proverb :-)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP