Happy Anniversary!!!

>> April 3, 2009

When I die, she said, I'm coming back as a tree with deep roots & I'll wave my leaves at the children every morning on their way to school & whisper tree songs at night in their dreams.
Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of Gabbi's homecoming to Canada. Her anniversary with her daddy and her brothers! I can't believe it has been two years already! I remember that day.. the longest day of my life. I was terrified something was going to go wrong. I am not sure that everyone reading here knows the whole story, but basically on February 28th my mom and I left on our journey to Ethiopia to get Gabbi. Our trip was supposed to be simple. We would get Gabbi and spend a few days in Ethiopia and come home. Our trip was supposed to be 7 days. Well everything that could have gone wrong went wrong and we ended up there for over three weeks waiting on Gabbi's Canadian Visa to come. The pouch that brings the visa from Nairobi to Addis came every Thursday and we waited for three Thursday's and no visa came. We had no idea when it would come. I had to make the choice to hire a nanny for Gabbi and leave her there and come home. It was awful, every horrible thought you can imagine when through my mind. I seriously thought there was a chance I would never see her again! It took two more Thursday's after we left for her visa to come and then my adoption agency flew her home to us. I did not sleep the entire time. So when you see that video that I posted weeks ago of me in the airport clinging to Gabbi and crying.. that was why! I was so happy that she was home.. you have no idea!!!

We actually didn't do anything too exciting yesterday. Gabbi is still a bit young to understand, but I did take the above picture of her, we went out for ice cream, played at the park and were just thankful we all found each other!

11 comments:

Toni April 3, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

Congratulations, Sebrina! The stressful beginning was worth it, I'm sure. I'm in love with Gabbi's eyes - they are so beautiful!

ELK April 3, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

i love it that she looks a lot like you mommy!

truckdriver_sefl April 3, 2009 at 7:51 PM  

The simple pleasures in life are the best. Ice cream. Playing in the park. Thats awesome!

hazel April 4, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

What a trip! What a girl! Congratulations to you all!

The Giraffe Head Tree April 5, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

So happy for you and the family that it all worked out as it should. Happy Anniversary!

Barb April 6, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

As I read this ~ I closed my eyes and spent a moment thinking about our time at the airport and that moment when we saw her come around the corner in J's arms. What a flood of emotions I felt. Thanks for the reminder. Mom xo

Sharon April 7, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

Congratulations! I love this capture! Such a beautiful girl!

leslie April 7, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

I connected to your blog through flickr. What a beautiful slideshow, nothing like a few tears to start the day!! :) What a lucky little girl :)

Pixel Fairy Princess April 10, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

That was lovely - and I can so relate to making that journey. In about a month we will celebrate 3 amazing years with out girl - but I cannot imagine what you went through getting one the plane and coming home. She is absolutely stunning and she is blessed as I am sure you feel that way too! Happy Forever family day!

et lille oejeblik - a little moment April 15, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

congratulations to gabbi - and congratulations to your entire family. thanks for sharing - i just love happy endings :))

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP