2 years ago today

>> March 1, 2009

I held my sweet girl in my arms for the first time!! I can't believe it's been two years. In a way it seems like only yesterday, but then it feels like she has been with us forever.
Here is a montage I made when I got back from Ethiopia with some pictures and video. I travelled with my mom to get her and my husband and boys stayed home. The trip was supposed to last 1 week and she was suppose to come home with me. But the Canadian Embassy did not issue her visa so she couldn't leave the country. I ended staying for almost a month and still no visa. I had to hire a nanny and leave her there to go back home to Canada. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. But I had no idea when they would issue her visa and my husband had taken too much time off work and I was running out of money. 2 weeks later they issued her visa and my adoption agency flew her home to me. That's the little video you see at the end of the montage.



Warning: You might want Kleenex before you watch :-)
xo Sebrina
ps; I know it's not techncially spring yet but I figured if I put up my spring banner then the weather would have to change.. right???

16 comments:

Eva March 1, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

Wow, that is one moving video. The scene at the airport is a real tearjerker. I bet staying in Ethiopia for a month is an experience you will never forget. Happy anniversary to you, your family and a very lucky little girl. :)

A March 1, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

Amazing movie. It definitely brought tears to my eyes! What a beautiful, beautiful thing you and your family did for a beautiful little girl!

Alison March 1, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

This was so beautiful! What a journey you had. You have a lovely family.

Sarah March 1, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

OK- that's probably the 20th time I've seen that video but it still makes me cry!!!!

Congrats on your two year forever day. It really does feel like yesterday, doesn't it?

COLLEEN March 1, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

wow, two years already. i can't believe it.

i hope your banner works. i am keeping my fingers crossed on that one.
:-)

Mamato2 March 1, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

I watched with Malia on my lap and bawled through it b/c I remember her that smal, and Mal was that small too- hard to believe, now...
I recall, also, holding Gabbi a number of times after you;d left, trying to save her from the forced bottles of water Yelamwork gave her every night after her milk! LOL

ELK March 1, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

beauty
and
love
in
this
footage
I
am
so
happy for
youELK

Anonymous,  March 1, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

She is beautiful. You two look great together. =]

Great video and nice banner.

Toni March 1, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

She's absolutely adorable and totally gorgeous. I loved that shot of her laughing. And I didn't tear up until the airport when she was placed into your arms. Wonderful video.

lisa March 2, 2009 at 7:29 AM  

kleenex indeed! my heart is bursting with happiness for your little one.

Barb March 2, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

So nice to watch again & yes I cried again even though I was there. Seems like we've had our little princess for ever. Mom xo

Anonymous,  March 2, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

Sebrina, thank you for sharing such a touching family video.

And you are right, I did need Kleenex!

She is beautiful!

Anonymous,  March 2, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

Wonderful video, Sebrina. Thank you for sharing these beautiful moments with us. I loved watching it, your little girl - you're all so happy and I'm so happy for you all. A perfect family! ::eva

Anonymous,  March 4, 2009 at 12:05 PM  

Oh it was so sweet to see Gabby when she was tiny. Made me cry and smile. She was just meant to be your daughter. No question about it.
Natasha

hazel March 8, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

I don't normally cry watching these videos - this time I truly did, seeing you reunited at the airport with your beautiful girl. Happy 2 Year Anniversary.

Tammy Chavies April 8, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

I did NOT see your warning at the bottom but I wish I had! I am balling right now. That was so precious and beautiful. Your baby girl is adorable and the love between you two is just as beautiful. I am glad I found you on flikr. Your work is so refreshing to me. I am about to become a homeschooling mama too next year. I hope we can keep in touch. Thank you for sharing your heart and your baby girl with us!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP